Total Pageviews

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
-Muhammad Ali

Saturday, August 21, 2010

No Expectations


I know what I am capable of. This is going to be a good cross country season and everything will play out the way it is supposed to. With our 2 mile time trial just around the corner, I have been trying to prepare myself mentally and physically. After a challenging cross country season in Florida, I don't really know what to expect. Although the uncertainty has been driving me crazy, I am not going into the time trial on Thursday with a plan; the only expectation that I have for myself is to have fun and run for my teammates.

One of the reasons why I believe I was so successful my freshman year of high school was because I had no idea what I was doing; I ran because it made me happy. I want to have my freshman mentality going into the time trial. If I don't set my bar of expectations too high, then I will have no reason to be disappointed. I almost have to prepare myself for the worst knowing that while I am beyond capable of running a fast time and surprising myself, running isn't always a perfect sport.

This is only the beginning; the start of many workouts and races to come. I am going into this time trial with confidence in my training and the satisfaction of knowing I have put in the hard work; the rest will come together if I continue to work hard and push myself. Here's to a great season with my La Verne team! :)

2 comments:

  1. Katieee :)

    Hi! Just wanted to say hey and I hope all is going well for you as you begin your new journey! It's so awesome that you're doing this blog, I just read your posts and they're always so inspiring :) Thanks for taking the time to put this together, I'm sure it will be a great reference for all of us potential future college athletes :) I'll keep reading, and best of luck to you in these first few days and always :)

    Love,
    Anna J :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna! Thanks for the comment I am so glad that you are reading my posts. :) I hope that you are having a great senior year and call me if you need anything. I am always here for you, as well as any of the other GOHS kids. Love you!

    ReplyDelete